Fire breaks out at luxury Umhlanga hotel
Netcare 911 responded to a fire at a hotel residence in Umhlanga Durban.
Reports indicate that a fire had broken out on the top floor.
It is believed the fire started at the pool and Jacuzzi pump on the outside deck.
A security official in the building attempting to douse the fire was injured in the process, sustaining minor burns and smoke inhalation.
The Ethekwini Fire and Rescue Services managed to extinguish the fire, preventing it from reaching the main building.
The security official was treated on scene and once stabilised was transported to the hospital for further treatment.
The building was evacuated and no other injuries were reported.