Equip Yourself for a Roadside Emergency
A prudent motorist should always be equipped to cope with the unfortunate breakdown or road crash
Ideally, you should have in your car:
- A fully charged cellular phone – We advise getting an emergency app on your phone.
- Always have a container with water for emergencies – either to drink or to clean the hands or the windscreen.
- Keep a set of jumper cables and extra fluids for the car (such as windshield wiper fluid) in your trunk.
- Prepare for unexpected breakdowns with gloves, a flashlight, and some basic hand tools.
- An inexpensive raincoat is invaluable should a wheel change be required in bad weather.
- Pack a first-aid emergency kit, pillow, blanket and a roll of toilet paper.
- Red reflective triangles, at least one as is required by law.
- Have a pen should you need to take down details you might not be able to record with your phone.
- Always have some cash available.
Consider investing in a roadside assistance product.
Be aware of emergency and roadside assistance benefits available to you through your car insurance policy.